Nate was in the 2nd Grade spelling bee today at school. Five students from each class were invited to participate. I was so impressed with these little second graders because that is one of the most stressful things I have ever been to! Nate was excited. He decided to wear the dark blue and yellow shirt because they told them to dress up a little and he calls this his BEE shirt. Which he thought was appropriate for the Spelling BEE! This is a hand-me-down shirt from his cousin Austin and it is one of his favorites. Anyway, he did great. He survived the first 4 rounds. But the word that did him in was DECISION. Several kids missed this word ahead of him. I think that made him a little flustered and unsure of himself. He started right... D-E-C and then he said "excuse me" (you are allowed to do that and start over if you need to) and then spelled it D-E-S-I-S-I-O-N. He was soooo close! Oh well. I was proud of him. He was still in the top 10. Here are a few pictures.... 
In this picture he is getting ready to have to spell decision.....uhhhgggg. STRESS. Poor kid.
3 comments:
Love those growing moments! They're almost harder for the moms!
Okay....spell STRESSED OUT SPELLER!!! In all those pictures they all looked so stressed out - one girl chewin' on her nails, another her hair - and your boy, oh so handsome in his bee shirt - he is just standing there like the president who also withstands a lot of pressures. And just like th president who makes mistakes and doesn't always get things right, your cutie pie Nate made a little mistake - but he can walk away with presidential dignity because he obviously handled it better than any other person - although you should check his nails and thank goodness his hair is too short to chew. But the best picture is the "ai yi yi" picture when he knew he was doomed. But I bet there are a few "ai yi yi" pictures of past presidents in the archives of the white house.
Way to go Nate!
Good Job Nate! You are such a smartie! I always like spelling in school too. You are so cute too!
Post a Comment