Monday, May 5, 2008

Joel's birthday weekend


Joel's birthday was Friday, but we didn't do too much to celebrate it on Friday. All day Friday he kept asking me to go get his cake. We stopped at Dairy Queen and ordered an ice cream cake for our little family party on Sunday. But that wasn't enough, he wanted to blow out the candles on FRIDAY. So... Joel and I made a cake on Friday while Kelly and Nate were at school. As you will see in the picture, Joel went a little crazy with the sprinkles. When Jared and the kids got home, we sang happy birthday and he blew out candles. SO... here is the Friday Birthday party......




On Sunday we had Jared's parents, our niece Mandi, and Cathy, Grace, & Clayton over for dinner and ice cream cake. Joel was so excited! He had a great time and got to blow out the candles AGAIN. I thought that it was so funny that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday he never even asked about birthday presents, all he wanted was to have cake, have everyone sing "Happy Birthday", and blow out candles. Once we pulled out the presents, he was thrilled. He got a tonka helicopter, some small matchbox airplanes, a planet hero guy, color wonder book and markers, and a Leapster! He calls his Leapster his "DS". Kelly and Nate both have gameboys. He is always trying to be just as big as his brother and sister. Needless to say, Joel has had a great birthday weekend.


3 comments:

Joy said...

Trace, Joel looks like a big 4! Is he tall for his age? He's so very handsome! All your kids are beautiful!

Katherine said...

That's great! He deserves it. What a cute boy. He is growing up and he really is so handsome.
Miss you.

Jana said...

You make me laugh - I don't think your blog is boring, in fact I love to look at it and get a glimpse into your world. I just love this blog thing. It is a lot of fun. I should probably not be so sarcastic all the time - people get sick of the class clown but I do enjoy it.

Thanks for coming to visit me...

And, yeah, I was talking to my mom on the phone today and she was wondering who's twins I was babysitting. Goes to show not everyone is on my wacky wavelength...

Easter Morning

I quickly took these pics before church on Sunday. For those of you in our ward, this is why we were a few minutes late to church this morn...