Monday, September 22, 2008

The Helper of the Day

So I'm a little behind with the blog. There are times of the year when things just tend to slow down, well... not really slow down, but we get more into a daily routine of school and soccer and homework and church activities and stuff. I should post more about these normal days, I guess.

Joel is going to preschool two mornings a week. It is a great little school. There are only 10 kids and they are all 4 year olds. The teacher, Mrs. Connie, is amazing and sweet and really spends time teaching these little ones and not just babysitting for 3 hours. Joel absolutely loves it. Mrs. Connie has the parents rotate being "the helper" each day. So, about once every 5 or 6 weeks I go and stay the whole time at the preschool. On that day we bring the snacks and Joel is "the helper" that day also. When he is the helper, he gets to be first in line and serve the snacks to everyone, and he gets to point out the days of the week, the shapes, colors, letters, etc... during the circle time. This day is always such a big deal for Joel. He is always asking when is it going to be our turn to be the helpers. Here are a few pictures from last week when we got to be "the helpers of the day".

2 comments:

J9 said...

What a cutie! He looks so grown up! I am starting to feel a little bad now about not putting Savannah in preschool. She gets so lonely during the day and wishes she had friends to play with!

Jana said...

There is nothing better than preschool. But, somedays, don't you feel like you are always the "helper of the day" at home? But it is nice to "help" in the schools and when the little bitty's eyes light up with the pleasure they feel with their mommy in the room, boy that is when helping is the BEST!

Easter Morning

I quickly took these pics before church on Sunday. For those of you in our ward, this is why we were a few minutes late to church this morn...