OK.. Part 3 of this trip was not quite so dramatic or terrible. It was a lot of fun actually. I think if I had not been quite so zombie tired and I probably would have enjoyed it even more...
We drove farther north to see the final lighthouse on our list of things to do. The Currituck Beach Lighthouse was my favorite of all the lighthouses that we saw. It is stunning red brick and stands among big green pine trees. The grounds around the lighthouse were well kept and beautiful. We all got to climb this lighthouse, even Joel. He was so excited.
The last stop on our trip was the Wright Brothers National Memorial. It and interesting and educational stop. Kelly, Nate, and Jared went to a presentation about how the Wright Brothers invented their airplane and lots of interesting facts. Joel was so restless and noisy that he and I walked around the grounds.
2 comments:
LOVE the new blog design! It's very cute!
Fun, Fun! This last week at our trek, Brandon and I brought our snazzy queen size airmattress. By 5:00 AM each morning it had gone flat. I'm sorry, but the older I get the harder the ground gets. No, camping is for youngin's! The lighthouses are beautiful! I don't think I've ever even seen one in real life. Watch out, one day we'll have to come take a trip out there to see all the cool stuff you put on your blog. Don't worry, we'll get a hotel!
Post a Comment