Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Joel's Swimming Lessons

Joel has been taking his own swimming lessons this week. He insisted that he did not want to do it, but 5 minutes into the first lesson he was loving it. He is now upset that it is almost over. Becky is teaching the lessons. She is also one of Kelly & Nate's swim coaches for swim team. She has the magic touch. I have been working with Joel at the pool all summer. (I did not want to pay for lessons if I could teach him the same stuff.) He was putting his head down and swimming to the wall, but he refused to jump into the pool or float on his back for me. He did it for Becky the first day. Now he is a jumping maniac. At the beginning of the summer he refused to get his face wet. He has made a lot of progress! I feel like we have lived at the pool the past few weeks. We have another swim meet tomorrow night, and two more next week. I am not complaining. It has really been fun.






4 comments:

Joy said...

First of all, what's Breaking Dawn? Sound like a book. Also, it's a little freaky that one of your site links is to the National Hurricane Center. FREAKY! If you ever get tired of the whole "Death by Weather" country, I hear the housing market is great around here!

My Lindsey starts swimming lessons next week. For the longest time her idea of swimming was dipping her toes in the shallow end of the pool. She has the Crosby curse. My side of the family are all water-aphobic. I think I'm the only one who can swim. And terribly at that. So way to go Joel!

Tracy said...

Heather!
Breaking Dawn is the 4th book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I have loved these books. I am so excited to get my hands on this book!!

Hurricanes are just part of living on the coast. They are usually not a big deal. And they don't come that often. We love living near the beach.

Jana said...

I'm with Heather on the death by weather thing - but then again, i could get blown away by a tornado any day now.

Twilight. Please tell me you are not addicted TOO??? I read them, they were compelling enough, and I'm sure I'll read the next one but truthfully I didn't really like them all that much and it scares me that all the girls are so hoochie over them. I think they all have lustful fantasies about vampires laying with them in bed and it being okay. I know its more my issue that any one else's so don't listen to me.

It is good that Joel is swimming - we just got JJ swimming with his face in the water this summer and he is nearly 10. But this boy has issues like his mother as well.

Joy said...

I didn't know there was a 4th book. Twilight is in my stack of books to read. I better get going on it.
I'm sure I'd love living by the beach too, except that means I'd probably have to put a swimming suit on. If you saw my blog you'll notice that when we went to Bear Lake I didn't even get to the lake, mostly because putting on a swimming suit causes me trauma!

Easter Morning

I quickly took these pics before church on Sunday. For those of you in our ward, this is why we were a few minutes late to church this morn...