Kelly and Nate had their last day of school today. The high here today was 99! It was unbelievably hot. I checked the kids out of school as soon as they were done with their class parties and we went to the pool. They have both had a great year.
I am surprised you had school so late into June. But I know it's different everywhere. Our schools got out May 30th. Your kids are darling - have a fun summer.
We're freezing out here. We've been wearing summer clothes because it's supposed to be summer, for heaven's sake, but today it only got into the low 60's. I've been reading the book, Rebekah by O.S. Card. I'm not too crazy about all the liberties he takes with the characters that we really don't know much about. I think if I were Rebekah's mom I'd be pretty ticked, looking down from heaven, seeing people read the book who now think of me as a shallow manipulator. Okay, so I think too much about it. I do think reading about the lifestyles and customs of that time period is very interresting though. It looks like you're quite the reader. I need to make more time! Happy Summer!
O.S. Card does take a lot of liberties with these books, but he had to because so little is known about the details of the stories. You kind of have to sift through what is fact and what is fiction. Most of it is fiction. I found myself saying, "Did that really happen?" Then I would go find the story in the Old Testament and find out that yep, it really did. Keep reading... That book gets better as you get farther into it. I have kind of caught the reading bug lately. Have you read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer? I really enjoyed them. They are an easy read, and once you start you won't be able to put it down.
3 comments:
I am surprised you had school so late into June. But I know it's different everywhere. Our schools got out May 30th. Your kids are darling - have a fun summer.
We're freezing out here. We've been wearing summer clothes because it's supposed to be summer, for heaven's sake, but today it only got into the low 60's.
I've been reading the book, Rebekah by O.S. Card. I'm not too crazy about all the liberties he takes with the characters that we really don't know much about. I think if I were Rebekah's mom I'd be pretty ticked, looking down from heaven, seeing people read the book who now think of me as a shallow manipulator. Okay, so I think too much about it. I do think reading about the lifestyles and customs of that time period is very interresting though. It looks like you're quite the reader. I need to make more time! Happy Summer!
O.S. Card does take a lot of liberties with these books, but he had to because so little is known about the details of the stories. You kind of have to sift through what is fact and what is fiction. Most of it is fiction. I found myself saying, "Did that really happen?" Then I would go find the story in the Old Testament and find out that yep, it really did.
Keep reading... That book gets better as you get farther into it.
I have kind of caught the reading bug lately. Have you read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer?
I really enjoyed them. They are an easy read, and once you start you won't be able to put it down.
Post a Comment